Robert Banas, P.E., LEED AP
Mr. Banas is an architectural engineering graduate of The Pennsylvania State University and has over 30 years of experience in consulting engineering. He is a registered Professional Engineer, President of the firm, and has been with Leach Wallace since its inception in 1990.
Mr. Banas has designed, specified, and supervised the installation of hundreds of construction projects related to healthcare, governmental facilities, data centers, clean rooms, and other institutional type projects. He has managed projects ranging from small renovations to new replacement hospitals, as well as large mechanical and electrical infrastructure upgrades.
He has previously served as President of the Baltimore Sections of the Illuminating Engineering Society (IES) and the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
• 1990 / Electrical Engineering / MD
Mr. Banas is also a registered Professional Engineer in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee.
• American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE), Member
• Automatic Fire Alarm Association, MD/DC/VA Chapter, Member
• Electrical League of Maryland, Member
• Illuminating Engineering Society (IES), Member and Past President
• Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE), Member and Past President
• National Capital Health Care Engineering Society, Member
• North Carolina Health Care Engineering Society (NCHCES), Member
• BAE Architectural Engineering, The Pennsylvania State University, 1985